Why See a Dentist?
BECAUSE A HEALTHY SMILE LASTS A LIFETIME!
Your teeth are an important part of your body and keeping them clean helps keep your mouth and your body healthy. By taking care of your teeth, eating a balanced diet, and visiting the dentist regularly, you can have healthy teeth and an attractive smile throughout your entire life.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I VISIT THE DENTIST?
At your checkup, you will receive a thorough cleaning and an oral exam by the dentist. During the oral exam, the dentist checks the health of your mouth, teeth, gums, cheeks, and tongue. At each visit, the dentist also checks old fillings and restorations because constant pressure from chewing, grinding, or clenching can cause them to wear away, chip, or crack.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I VISIT THE DENTIST?
The American Dental Association recommends you visit the dentist a minimum of every 6 months.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS—SHOULD I STILL GO TO THE DENTIST?
Yes. Even if you don’t have any symptoms, you can still have oral health problems that only a Dentist can diagnose. Regular dental visits help prevent problems from developing. Regular dental checkups are essential to maintaining good oral health. Seeing the dentist twice a year is recommended because your dentist can:
- Check for problems that you might not see or feel
- Find early signs of decay
- Treat oral health problems early, while they are still manageable
BUT, MY TEETH FEEL FINE!
OK, but how do they look? A smile can be the most eye-catching feature of a face. With dentistry's many advances, you no longer have to settle for stained, chipped, missing, or misshapen teeth. Along with regular oral care and checkups, today's dentists offer many choices that can help you smile with confidence, including:
- Professional teeth whitening
- Fillings that mimic the appearance of natural teeth
- Tooth replacement
WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING A DENTIST?
You may wish to consider several dentists before making your decision. During your first visit, you should be able to determine if this is the right dentist for you. Consider the following:
- Is the appointment schedule convenient?
- Is the office easy to get to and close by?
- Does the office appear to be clean and orderly?
- Was your medical and dental history recorded and placed in a permanent file?
- Does the dentist explain techniques for good oral health?
- Is information about cost presented to you before treatment is scheduled?
Now that you're more informed, we would love to meet you.